Who has ever been at an event and personally experienced or tried to help someone with a “Beauty Emergency?”
Hair falling out of the expensive updo before pictures, eyelashes coming off, makeup running, dress strap breaking, shoe strap broken, spill on outfit, lipstick coming off, broken nail, wardrobe malfunctions, last minute tailoring needed, bra showing, germs EVERYWHERE, runny nose, too much garlic, something in your teeth, headache before event begins, cramps.. etc.
As a makeup artist I had alot of beauty emergencies with my actors on and off the set. Everything I had in my set bag was there because ONE time someone asked for something and I didn’t have it. So in life, when I attend a special event – I pack my “Beauty Emergency Kit” inspired from my years touching up on set.
So here is a the basic list of MUSTS for my bag (especially when I am in front of the camera!):
- Hand sanitizer
- Lysol mini spray
- Altoid mints (mini).. has anyone tried the new nordic mint?
- Bobby pins
- Safety pins (various sizes)
- Mini nail file & buffer
- Advil, Tylenol, Aleve, Tums, Benedryl
- Hair spray (travel size)
- Hand lotion & cuticle oil
- Pen, Sharpie (black – you would be surprised what you can fill it with this)
- Small scissors
- Shout stain remover packettes
- Wet ones wipe packettes
- Sewing kit
- Ear plugs (for studying, meditating, plane travel & sleeping)
- Hollywood fashion tape
- Extra knee highs/pantyhose
- Petals (you just NEVER know)
- Chapstick (my husband always asks for it)
- Evian spray bottle
- Extra lipstick, spice liner & clear gloss (just in case)
- A mirror – to smile into or share with friends!
Bonus: I use those zippered pouches curtains or sheets come in.. why not? Cheaper than a cosmetic bag.
If you have had any stories and would like to share your “Beauty Emergency” fixes, please contact me. Or add a comment.
Thanks for reading and share your “Love of Beauty!”