It’s summer. It’s hot. You’re sweating. There’s moisture. Wearing less clothes and not being size “0”. Don’t know about you but my thighs touch = summer struggle.. Red, burning chapped inner thighs.
Every time it’s warm or I’m warm (enter hormones) and I wear a skirt, shorts or dress my thighs are rubbed raw! Sound familiar?
Well these are the BEST hacks I’ve found. They work & can be fashionable!
- Pretty underwear makes you feel sexy, these help chaffing too (I’m ordering these now!): http://amzn.to/29EHKIU
- I used to wear biker shorts (these are the updated version), but now a days SPANX or BOXERS are more fashionable.
- I use Monkey Butt for my doggies itches & it works GREAT but I didn’t know they had this too: http://amzn.to/29unEOe
So NEVER lose hope or heart.. there is always a BEAUTY HACK waiting to be shared. Please let me know what you use and how it works for you!
Happy Summer Fun!
And your skin. Are you using it?
Anti-oxidants protect skin from future sun damage as well as repairing cells of past damage (those darn free radicals). Let me say that again, Vitamin C helps the skin repair itself!
It helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastin which slows down with age – hence the wrinkles.
Internal consumption is extremely good for skin as well. Buffered Vitamin C has always been recommended as a good choice for better body absorption. Vitamin C is water soluble so you if it’s not absorbed by the body, it leaves. We need to replenish daily because look at all the health benefits..
3 of my favorites are:
Dr. Spiller Vitamin C Line (serum, day & night cream)
Rodan + Fields Reverse Line (vitamin c & retinol combo) and the Sunscreen is the most hydrating I’ve ever used!
Avalon Organics Vitamin C renewal (lip balm)
So whether it’s finding a skincare line with Vitamin C, throwing an orange slice into your tea/water, munching on C based veggies (bell pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, collard greens, tomatoes) or supplementing your diet with buffered C (especially during cold & flu season) – start rev-ing UP your anti-aging routine today.
Your skin & body will THANK YOU!
Flushed cheeks… what comes to your mind?
For me I think of a blushing bride, a chilly afternoon, a brisk, fall walk, a pilates class or a happy approachable person. Color “coming from within” that’s the goal of this look. Not that you’re embarrassed, doll-like or injured but when you’re flushed, good circulation, a beautiful glow & healthy.
Sometimes the benefit of a bright cheek allows for a quick swipe of mascara (I also like to swipe the blush along my brow bone for the illusion of a natural eyeshadow application) and that is all. Natural beauty. The flushed cheek is usually using a PINK/MAUVE or PEACH tone color.. not Bronzer. Watch my quick video on powder application tips:
Gels and tints/stains are also a great option but take a bit more practice. Powder is easy to blend and wipe off.. a stain is not. Cream blush and a tint are a great way to layer color. I use my fingers to apply a swipe of a cream or a gel on the “apples” area of my cheeks and then follow with a light layer of powder color on top. Blending is always the key! Remember if you don’t like it, wipe it off and start again.
My Product Picks:
- Tarte “Natural” cheek stain
- Nars “Orgasm” Blush
- Cinema Secrets “Natural” blush
- NYX blush
- Naked Illuminating Shimmer
- Smashbox soft lights shimmer
1. Tap off the end of your applicator before applying to eliminate any “splotches” of too much color at the first point of contact on skin.
2. Use the end of a sponge (“the butt”) to the blend edges of your blush application as well as to remove excess product.
3. Keep color within the triangle of your cheek and do not apply too far down under your cheekbone. This is where it starts looking like you were punched in the cheek.
4. Take a selfie and see how it looks. Then add a swipe of a light shimmer powder across the top of both cheekbones to finish the look with a little glow. (Alittle goes a long way.)
5. Not working for you? Use the temporary tried and true methods: pinch your cheeks & exercise!
Stop by each week In September for tips on how to incorporate the 5 Fall Runway Trends into your every day look.
Runway trends don’t always translate into every day wear, but this year there are 5 great trends that would work and really jazzed up your every day make-up look.
Each week In September I’ll give you some examples of how to incorporate each trend into your look as well as my favorite product picks. Let’s start with #1 = Red lips.
Every year when I think of the Fall & holiday season, the first thing I think of is bright, rich, bold lips! And I get excited.. I have dark hair and pale skin so I love reds, dark fuchsia, bricks, crimson and wine.. and every year I add a new color. This is one of the trends from the runway this season.
The trickiest part is choosing the right undertone for your skin tone. Here’s an example and a guide from The Beauty Bookends : Choosing The Perfect Red Lip.
My TOP 5 all-time favorite pics are these:
- Avon Slick Tint in Wine
- LipSense in Blue Red (The best contact for LipSense: email@example.com)
- MAC LadyBug or RubyWoo Gloss
- Revlon Black Cherry
- Loreal Pro Infallible Red (long lasting not too drying)
1. Red isn’t for everyone, but it doesn’t hurt to try.
2. Clear lip liner helps it stay in place & not bleed.
3. Keep your eyes simpler with a really bold lip.
4. Take a selfie and see how it looks but make sure your whole face is made up not just your lips.
5. Have fun! Aren’t you thrilled that the fall is finally coming? Go out and try something new it’s make up remember, you can always wipe it off.
Do YOU have a favorite RED or have your eye on a new one for Fall? Please share with me in the comments below.. I’ll be shopping soon.
That’s what my mother always told me.. So do you?
Confession: I feel asleep last night without washing me face!! Eeeeeeeek! I can hear my mom now!
Yesterday was a “beauty day”. Hair, color, waxing, facial – so I didn’t wear any makeup. Good news. Bad news, I was so tired I fell asleep (yes, beauty is exhausting), without cleansing my face (which I do religiously every night) and woke up with three breakouts on my chin. Shoot! Point made.. clean the day off my face before falling asleep even if I didn’t put on makeup. (Love using the Norwex cloth for this & in the mornings – Just add water).
Here is a great article for why sleeping in your makeup is bad for your health in a 30 day experiment blog post. http://dermrf.com/2015/07/the-risks-of-sleeping-in-your-makeup-run-more-than-skin-deep/
We live in a dirty world (insert your favorite theme song). I’m in Los Angeles, known for smog and desert dirt! Just a light wipe of a toner over your face at the end of the day is proof (try it after cleansing to freak yourself out). I wipe with toner, Hydrosols or astringent – And still can’t believe what still comes off.
I love a toner that is a treatment as well: https://michellebouse.myrandf.com/Shop/Product/AATN125 (R+F “spankz for skin”
Great hydrosol: http://amzn.to/1IKjLyA (love the rose & lavender from EvanHealy)
If you like an astringent: http://amzn.to/1M7ZEQ4 (rose petal witch hazel w/aloe from Thayer)
So here is your friendly reminder.. Wash your face before hitting the pillow. Start the rejuvenation process with the cleanest skin possible. Nighttime is the most important time for your skin and body’s renewal process. Even if you fall asleep first, get up, clean your skin and go back to sleep!
It’s 9pm and I just went to wash my face. I completely forgot I tried a new lip color. It’s STILL on and my lips are NOT dried out. Hold the phone! I’m gonna have to buff it off with my facecloth or massage it will oil. Let’s back up.
Today was an extraordinary busy day for me. I started at work then drove to volunteer then met up for 2nd volunteering/filming doing hair and makeup. I would not have time to look at myself once I started, I’m teaching a makeup class and the kids always shoot behind the scenes pictures. So I ran into Rite Aid to try L’Oréal’s new infallible pro-lip color http://amzn.to/1JOeyeg (I bought teaberry 109). I applied it at 12:30pm and forgot about it.
After finishing my day, I came home, ate dinner and looked in the mirror – it is still on! All I need to do is add the gloss and start again.
So what makes this so great?
- It’s not as drying as all the other long lasting lip colors (and it doesn’t peel off).
- The formulation is very creamy and thick.
- The tapered application allows for clean precise placement.
- The clear gloss doesn’t remove any of the applied color & isn’t sticky.
- And obviously it lasts.
Looking for a new color for Spring? This is the perfect pick and all day “on the go” wear! Go try one. Let me know which color you bought and how long yours lasted. Yup.. Game changer.