Flushed cheeks… what comes to your mind?
For me I think of a blushing bride, a chilly afternoon, a brisk, fall walk, a pilates class or a happy approachable person. Color “coming from within” that’s the goal of this look. Not that you’re embarrassed, doll-like or injured but when you’re flushed, good circulation, a beautiful glow & healthy.
Sometimes the benefit of a bright cheek allows for a quick swipe of mascara (I also like to swipe the blush along my brow bone for the illusion of a natural eyeshadow application) and that is all. Natural beauty. The flushed cheek is usually using a PINK/MAUVE or PEACH tone color.. not Bronzer. Watch my quick video on powder application tips:
Gels and tints/stains are also a great option but take a bit more practice. Powder is easy to blend and wipe off.. a stain is not. Cream blush and a tint are a great way to layer color. I use my fingers to apply a swipe of a cream or a gel on the “apples” area of my cheeks and then follow with a light layer of powder color on top. Blending is always the key! Remember if you don’t like it, wipe it off and start again.
My Product Picks:
- Tarte “Natural” cheek stain
- Nars “Orgasm” Blush
- Cinema Secrets “Natural” blush
- NYX blush
- Naked Illuminating Shimmer
- Smashbox soft lights shimmer
1. Tap off the end of your applicator before applying to eliminate any “splotches” of too much color at the first point of contact on skin.
2. Use the end of a sponge (“the butt”) to the blend edges of your blush application as well as to remove excess product.
3. Keep color within the triangle of your cheek and do not apply too far down under your cheekbone. This is where it starts looking like you were punched in the cheek.
4. Take a selfie and see how it looks. Then add a swipe of a light shimmer powder across the top of both cheekbones to finish the look with a little glow. (Alittle goes a long way.)
5. Not working for you? Use the temporary tried and true methods: pinch your cheeks & exercise!
Stop by each week In September for tips on how to incorporate the 5 Fall Runway Trends into your every day look.