There is nothing like browsing gorgeous pictures online or in magazines, especially during award season. I want. I wish. I wonder. Sigh..
Having a makeup artist,hairstylist, great lighting andphotoshop editorsmakes EVERYONE look great – trust me, I KNOW. At the start or end of my day, I don’t even come close to seeing a semblance in my mirror. Do you?
I hate to be Debbie Downer, but those people in the photos aren’t recognizable in their mirror at home after the event – once everything is off. Good news: They are just as normal as you and I – only they have a BEAUTY TRIBE.
So it’s a new year.. I want to help you with realbeauty concerns, questions & frustrations. I want to give you realsolutions, hope and inspiration! So let’s GET REAL! Who’s with me?
Here is your firstBeauty “TO DO” for 2016.. schedule in #MeTime this year & regularly! Whatever you have to do; add it to your calendar, phone, schedule an alarm or stratigically place sticky notes – DO IT & be consistent! Here’s list to help start you off.
I will be back with more TO DOs for YOU and your perfectly, perfect (and annoying) imperfections! Together we will GET REAL and feel more BEAUTIFUL by the end of 2016.. Cheers!!! ~Michelle
For me I think of a blushing bride, a chilly afternoon, a brisk, fall walk, a pilates class or a happy approachable person. Color “coming from within” that’s the goal of this look. Not that you’re embarrassed, doll-like or injured but when you’re flushed, good circulation, a beautiful glow & healthy.
Sometimes the benefit of a bright cheek allows for a quick swipe of mascara (I also like to swipe the blush along my brow bone for the illusion of a natural eyeshadow application) and that is all. Natural beauty. The flushed cheek is usually using a PINK/MAUVE or PEACH tone color.. not Bronzer. Watch my quick video on powder application tips:
Gels and tints/stains are also a great option but take a bit more practice. Powder is easy to blend and wipe off.. a stain is not. Cream blush and a tint are a great way to layer color. I use my fingers to apply a swipe of a cream or a gel on the “apples” area of my cheeks and then follow with a light layer of powder color on top. Blending is always the key! Remember if you don’t like it, wipe it off and start again.
Runway trends don’t always translate into every day wear, but this year there are 5 great trends that would work and really jazzed up your every day make-up look.
Each week In September I’ll give you some examples of how to incorporate each trend into your look as well as my favorite product picks. Let’s start with #1 = Red lips.
Every year when I think of the Fall & holiday season, the first thing I think of is bright, rich, bold lips! And I get excited.. I have dark hair and pale skin so I love reds, dark fuchsia, bricks, crimson and wine.. and every year I add a new color. This is one of the trends from the runway this season.
A recent visit with two of my friends from high school, aka “REAL Jersey Girls”, sparred a great conversion. “Now that we are forty, what should we do for skincare. At this point is there even any hope? Or are we too late?”
NO! I explained it’s NEVER too late to “Hold the Beauty”.. All we want to do is slow the aging process, hold onto what we have and prevent further damage. Here are a few tips for us forty plus beauties, to slow down the hands of time..
1. Cleanse your face twice a day no matter what. Follow with a cotton pad wet with a Hydrosol or toner to remove the excess residue. You won’t believe what a difference this makes until you look at the pad and see less breakouts.
2. Exfoliate 2-3 times a week. A lot of clogged pores are just dead skin that falls in and can’t get out. Once you see the white round dots under the skin, only a dermatologist can pop them out. The pore got clogged with skin that wasn’t removed and then grew over the pore leaving no exit.
3. Eye cream. Keep the thin skin under your eyes moist and tight for as long as you can. The right product and regular devote use can make all the difference.
4. Apply any and all creams & oils to your neck and chest as well as your face. We show our age on our chest quicker than anywhere else. Use SPF everyday on your chest. Whenever you apply body cream or face cream, don’t forget your chest and neck!
5. Oils on the skin and in the body. Fish oils are great to take for hydrating the skin from the inside out. Topical oils like coconut & jojoba are great serums to place under creams especially at night.
6. Water, water, water. Drink until you can’t drink anymore.. Then have one more. Keep hydrated and your skin will glow.
And always remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. So be kind to yourself!
We are all enjoying watching the Olympics and all the wonderful diverse events. Which is your favorite?
I LOVE gymnastics (of course) but I am like a magnetic to any event in water.. swimming, sync dancing, water polo, diving (and I have NEVER seen syn diving before – WOW!).. which brings me to my question.
What makeup are those athletes wearing that allows them to jump off of a platform or diving board, swim few meters and come out gorgeous and not like night of the living dead with makeup pouring down their face?!?!?!?
So here I found it. I believe MAKEUP FOREVER is sponsoring the Canadian team in syc swimming. But the most brilliant find is the makeup line.. AQUA. The foundation was actually designed for the water ballet! The creator worked as the teams makeup artist and developed the makeup line. Ah ha! BRILLIANCE.. Mystery solved and the end result is definitely AMAZING!
So rock on TEAM USA and let’s enjoy those pool close ups! If it works on the Olympians, you may want to check it out for a hot, humid summer night of fun.
Now my next Olympic question.. why do they all bite their medals???!?