Confession: Don’t LOVE flying.. and I’m always cold.
I recently fell in LOVE with the new Charmz convertible shrug. It’s so versitle and an EASY travel partner. I always bring a book, ear plugs and neck pillow. Now I need to grab my Charmz too.
What I learned travelling with my shrug:
1. It dresses up any comfy outfit when I need to be business ready after landing. (No more looking wacky after landing)
2. After going through security, I wrap it around my neck as a scarf until I get on board. (No fussing with re-dressing)
3. Un buttons wonderfully to act as a cozy blanket wrap while snoozing on the airplane. (Keeping me comforted & warm)
4. It fits perfectly in my purse and helps with the climate changes during my trip. (It now lives in my purse at home too)
5. I need to buy a new one since I left this one with my mom after she tried it on and fell in love with it in Florida. (I knew it)
I LOVE MY CHARM’Z.. can’t travel without them now.. locally or coast to coast!
Who has ever been at an event and personally experienced or tried to help someone with a “Beauty Emergency?”
Hair falling out of the expensive updo before pictures, eyelashes coming off, makeup running, dress strap breaking, shoe strap broken, spill on outfit, lipstick coming off, broken nail, wardrobe malfunctions, last minute tailoring needed, bra showing, germs EVERYWHERE, runny nose, too much garlic, something in your teeth, headache before event begins, cramps.. etc.
As a makeup artist I had alot of beauty emergencies with my actors on and off the set. Everything I had in my set bag was there because ONE time someone asked for something and I didn’t have it. So in life, when I attend a special event – I pack my “Beauty Emergency Kit” inspired from my years touching up on set.
So here is a the basic list of MUSTS for my bag (especially when I am in front of the camera!):
- Hand sanitizer
- Lysol mini spray
- Altoid mints (mini).. has anyone tried the new nordic mint?
- Bobby pins
- Safety pins (various sizes)
- Mini nail file & buffer
- Advil, Tylenol, Aleve, Tums, Benedryl
- Hair spray (travel size)
- Hand lotion & cuticle oil
- Pen, Sharpie (black – you would be surprised what you can fill it with this)
- Small scissors
- Shout stain remover packettes
- Wet ones wipe packettes
- Sewing kit
- Ear plugs (for studying, meditating, plane travel & sleeping)
- Hollywood fashion tape
- Extra knee highs/pantyhose
- Petals (you just NEVER know)
- Chapstick (my husband always asks for it)
- Evian spray bottle
- Extra lipstick, spice liner & clear gloss (just in case)
- A mirror – to smile into or share with friends!
Bonus: I use those zippered pouches curtains or sheets come in.. why not? Cheaper than a cosmetic bag.
If you have had any stories and would like to share your “Beauty Emergency” fixes, please contact me. Or add a comment.
Thanks for reading and share your “Love of Beauty!”