Confession: Can’t finish my nighttime routine without spritzing myself with a Hydrosol before bed. (and during a facial one spritz for them, one for meeeeeee!)
Hydrosols are the water product from the distillation of flowers for extracting essential oils.
Hydrosols contain the same properties of the oil and are gentler for kids, elderly & animal use. You can spray Hydrosols directly on the skin, unlike essential oils that need to be mixed with a carrier oil before applying to the skin.
They are wonderful for skincare and smell delish! I clean my face then spray a cotton pad with the Hydrosol and wipe all over my skin as a toner. My skin is so soft and clean. Then I mist my face & chest before I go to sleep.
Uses for Hydrosols:
My personal favorites are Neroli & Jasmine. They always lift my spirits. (My clients love rose & lavender)
– Spritz on your face for a pick-up or hydration any time of day
– Spritz on curly hair for a little bounce revive
– 2nd cleanse on face as toner & moisturizer
– Add to a bath for a relaxing, soothing effect (lavender is perfect, just a few sprays)
– Spray on itchy doggie for shedding relief, calming relief and antiseptic treatment (lavender)
– Mist on your pillow before sleep for peaceful rest
Let me know what YOU use your Hydrosols for.